THE COMPUTER-ADMINISTERED NEUROPSYCHOLOGICAL SCREEN FOR MILD COGNITIVE IMPAIRMENT
A few more of the CANS-MCI’s core features
Minimal Hardware Requirements…
What researchers, doctors and patients are saying...
- The CANS-MCI is a good example of a computer test that is well-paced and adds a measure of pleasantness to the experience of the user.Status of computerized cognitive testing in aging: A systematic reviewKatherine Wild, et al., Alzheimer’s & Dementia 4 (2008) 428–437
- Congratulations on creating the most beautiful and intuitive user interface for cognitive testing that I have yet seen. Your use of multi-media developers for the CANS-MCI human-computer interface really paid off. The CANS-MCI is certainly the best self-test on the market.William R. Shankle, MDChief Medical Officer, Medical Care Corporation
- We love the ease and consistent reimbursement, as well as Screen’s outstanding Service and Support.Vessel HealthGeorgia
- I didn’t get distracted by the inflections of the tester, or seeing how they reacted.AnonymousPatient
- Unlike the CAMCI, the CANS-MCI has excellent test-retest reliability, sensitivity and specificity. Unlike the Mindstreams, the CANS-MCI does not require the presence of an administrator, much less a trained administrator, making the CANS-MCI the briefest of all in terms of staff time and training. Unlike the CAMCI and the CST, the CANS-MCI is available in culturally specific versions, including Spanish for the US and French for Canada.Journal of the Alzheimer's Association Volume 4, pages 428-437, 2008.
- The CANS-MCI includes an assessment of cognition, mood, risk factors, substance use, and driving capabilities. The battery requires 22 to 27 minutes for completion. Reports are completed by neuropsychology test technicians within an hour of testing. Overall, the CANS-MCI has several strengths, including brevity, language and cultural specificity and good evidence of sensitivity and specificity for MCI versus healthy controls.NeurologistAlpert Medical School, Brown University, Providence, RI